August 8, 2013
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government’s much anticipated Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar metro rail project is close to veracity with the phase-1 is ready for completion in 2017.
Metrolink Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) a state-formed special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the project execution, expressed that the first phase of the Rs19,000-crore metro rail project between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, spanning over 83 km will be commissioned by 2017.
According to an official at MEGA, Request for Proposals (RFPs) of all major systems and procurement have already been floated and tenders related to civil construction is under finalization process. “The first phase of the project will be completed in 2017 and the rest in 2021,” he said.
EPC World News Bureau
- Gurugram: Hero Honda chowk to not choke anymore as Delhi-Jaipur flyover set to open soon
- Future of extensive Smart City projects uncertain
- Financiers express interest for Mumbai-Nagpur super expressway
- Indian start-ups to double by 2020: Nasscom
- SBI inks pact with IIT-Kharagpur for fintech innovation
- Supreme Court refuses to stay Allahabad HC order of making DND fly-way toll-free
- An analysis by CRISIL on the pace of road construction
- Mumbai University gives way for better connectivity at BKC
- Debit card scare: A lesson for banks and their customers
- What is a Smart City ?
Subscribe to our Newsletters
Sign up to instantly receive the latest news from the world of transportation, smart communication and technology and various other related fields.